As a university student I don’t have much time (or energy) to cook daily. Especially breakfast. Breakfast should be the easiest meal of the day so that you can eat and get out of the door ASAP!
I got this recipe from my Gramma and have been making it ever since for a quick and easy breakfast. Just add some fruit and you got a healthy and delicious breaky!
1 C flour
1/2 C brown sugar
1 tblsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 C oats
1/4 C apple sauce
1/2 C milk
2-3 bananas (or grated zucchini, carrot, squash, etc.)
1/2 C nuts (optional or cranberries, raisins, sunflower seeds, etc.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mush up the bananas
3. Add egg, milk, apple sauce and sugar to the bananas
4. Separately, mix all the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, oats, nuts)
5. Add the dry ingredients to the ‘banana mixture’
6. Mix everything but don’t over mix
7. Butter up your muffin trays and evenly spread your mix into the trays
8. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes
*Make sure the inside is cooked and then set out to cool*
What are you favourite and easy recipes?
Any suggestions for a university student?